Scottish Goatkeepers Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LATEST NEWS

4 posters

Go down

LATEST NEWS Empty LATEST NEWS

Post  lisa sinclair Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:42 am

Hi everyone, Lisa here, I see very few of you are posting anything on this forum - including me! Am fed up with winter, more snow today, but only a wee covering and it had mostly gone by this afternoon. Luckily I live in Perthshire so haven't had as much snow as Daryl! And am guessing Diane has had more than enough too. Never mind, the snow drops have just started to appear so I have hope that spring is on it's way - in about a month or two!!!!
Good luck with all your kiddings, maybe we will get to see your pictures.

lisa sinclair

Back to top Go down

LATEST NEWS Empty Re: LATEST NEWS

Post  ballingall Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:50 am

It's getting busier! Be patient woman!

Do you have an email address for the Gamrie goat soap making lady?

Beth

ballingall

Back to top Go down

Post  darylandgoats Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Hey Lisa,

Am very sick of the snow now, the goats don't seem to mind to much as of course they nice and dry indoors but it means a lot of extra work for me and the blooming moles have been very active in the paddock and it looks like a bombsite...I am going to have to do something about those Moles, any ideas?

Beth, Gamrie Goat e-mail address is: enquiries@thegamriegoat.co.uk
Gamrie Soap is brilliant, Its a favourite of mine and her goats have really long hair on their hind quaters and back, nice a soft!

Cheers

Daryl

darylandgoats

Back to top Go down

LATEST NEWS Empty Hooray - some activity!

Post  lisa sinclair Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:25 pm

Hey Beth, am a very patient woman - NOT!
I used that Gamrie soap on scabby legs on one of the milkers and it worked a treat! Haven't used it myself yet - goats get priority!
Hi Daryl - move south - less snow! I was told that if you get some dog or cat hair, roll it into a ball and stuff it into mole runs it makes them go away - worth a try I suppose. The snowdrops are up, spring must be on its way - I hope.
Lisa

lisa sinclair

Back to top Go down

Post  darylandgoats Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Finally a use for the all the dog hair blowing around my house. Ill let you know if the dog hair works, if not I have seen some traps on the internet worth a go...I don't mind the moles but not when they ruin my paddock!

Cheers

Daryl

darylandgoats

Back to top Go down

Post  ballingall Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Thanks for that email address Daryl, I have emailed her asking if she would write something for our yearbook.

Beth

ballingall

Back to top Go down

Post  divanp75 Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:00 pm

lisa sinclair wrote:Hi everyone, Lisa here, I see very few of you are posting anything on this forum - including me! Am fed up with winter, more snow today, but only a wee covering and it had mostly gone by this afternoon. Luckily I live in Perthshire so haven't had as much snow as Daryl! And am guessing Diane has had more than enough too. Never mind, the snow drops have just started to appear so I have hope that spring is on it's way - in about a month or two!!!!
Good luck with all your kiddings, maybe we will get to see your pictures.

Hi Lisa,

We didnt really have much snow as on the coast but the ice was a bit of a problem.

Diane

divanp75

Back to top Go down

Post  darylandgoats Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi Diane,

Tell me about it...the ice has been terrible this winter. We had four inches of ice on the driveway as snow was compacted to ice and it only just melted about two weeks ago. Mental!

Daryl

darylandgoats

Back to top Go down

Post  divanp75 Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:41 pm

darylandgoats wrote:Hi Diane,

Tell me about it...the ice has been terrible this winter. We had four inches of ice on the driveway as snow was compacted to ice and it only just melted about two weeks ago. Mental!

Daryl

Yes the ice was the problem here, I saw a chicken fall flat on its face.............. Very Happy

Diane

divanp75

Back to top Go down

Post  darylandgoats Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Animals do the funniest things.....poor Mrs Chicken! I had thick ice in my exercise paddock too and to stop the goats falling over I put straw down over it all....it worked well but now I have a big mess to clean up! Sad

Daryl

darylandgoats

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa sinclair Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:10 am

Ahahahahaha! Am a bit late reading all your news, but that chicken falling over did make me laugh. I had to scatter ash (from the fire) and sand all over the yard so my mum could get to her car, then hen house, the bird table and the goat shed. Daffodils are looking lovely just now - yay Spring!! bounce
Lisa

lisa sinclair

Back to top Go down

Post  darylandgoats Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Daffodils not even burst the bud in my garden, its so devoid of any meaningfull sun in the winter because of the trees that everything is a few weeks later then everywhere else!

darylandgoats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum